Skip to main content

IDENTIFYING THE VOICE OF GOD By Dontel Rajis

   


   Many Christian have being faced with this question for years “How do I know when GOD is speaking to me?” especially new convert Christians. They find it very difficult to recognize the voice of God. Truth is, when you know who GOD is not, you’d be able to differentiate between his voice and the voice of the devil, therefore making you know who God is.
   How do we know who GOD is not? By studying the Bible I.e. his words, finding out from it who he is, therefore from who he is we know who he is not. 

 For example
   The Bible says in Numbers 23:19 “God is not man that he should lie neither is he the son of man that he should go back on his words. Does he speak and not act or promise and not fulfill” From that we know that any voice that prompts you to lie is not the voice of GOD
   The Bible also says in Ephesians 3:20 “GOD is able to do exceedingly and abundantly over what we ask and think” Any voice that talks you out of believing in God and trusting in him for provision help and abundance, we know it isn’t his voice.
   The Bible say’s in1 john 4:8 “he that loveth not, knoweth not GOD, for GOD is love” Any voice that leads you to do anything that is contrary to love is not the voice of GOD.
   The Bible says in Isaiah 65:24 that “Before they call I will answer them. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayer”. From this we know that any voice that tells us God isn’t hearing our prayer is not the voice of God. If you’re praying in accordance to the will of GOD, you will surely receive because the bible says in James 4:3 “you pray and recieveth not because you pray amiss”). Find out what the will of God is by studying his word)
   The Bible says in Deuteronomy 31:8 “God will never leave nor forsake you”. Any voice that tells you that you are alone is not of God.
   The Bible says in Exodus 34:6 “God is a compassionate and gracious GOD, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness”. From this we know that any voice that tells you “GOD doesn’t love you, he is always angry with you or is not faithful to his promises” we know that isn’t the voice of GOD.
   The Bible also says in John 1:9 “When we confess our sins God, he is able and just to forgive and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness”. Any voice that tells you God isn’t going to forgive you or hasn’t forgiven you is not the voice of GOD.
   And so many other words right there in the Bible that let us know who God is.
   God tells us in his words which is the Bible not to believe every spirit but to test every spirit if they are of GOD (1 John 4:1). And how do we do that? By studying the word of GOD which reveals the nature of GOD to us. Every voice and leading that is not of God will always be contrary to the word of GOD.
 
   In essence any leading that is contrary to the nature and character of GOD is not of GOD because Bible says “GOD is not an author of confusion” (1 Corinthians 14:33) He would never contradicts himself. As a believer, study the bible in other for you to know your father, and believe me you will be able to identify his voice.
Note: Only children of GOD are entitled to hear the voice of GOD. for Jesus said in John 10:4-5 “After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice and the voice of a stranger they wouldn’t follow, they will run from him because they don’t know his voice” and also John 10:27 Jesus said “my sheep hears my voice I know them and they follow me”. If you have not surrendered ownership of your life to God, you cannot hear his voice. 

   If you want to be a child of the most high and you want to hear his voice say this prayer “Lord Jesus come into my life, I accept that you died on the cross for me and on the third day you rose again. I confess all my sin’s and I know you have forgiven me. AMEN ” and if you already are a member of GOD’S family say this prayer “ My father your word says your sheep hears your voice and the voice of a stranger they wouldn’t follow, and I know that I am part of your flock because I surrendered my life to you, father open my heart so that I can hear your voice clearly”.             

Comments