Skip to main content

LEARNING FROM OTHERS BY SKY QUIN



   Learning takes place in various ways but one of the most effective ways to learn is to do so from others. That is the basis of association, you can agree that one learns better when shown examples or when one has seen a certain thing being done.
   We have learnt a lot of things from a lot of people. Starting from our families, then we had to pass through certain institutions, schools where teachers not only taught us theories, they imparted their very personalities in us. They showed us how to speak, write, think, talk and behave in a certain way. At a certain age we may not have control as to what we are exposed to therefore caution is exercised in dealing with young children at an impressionable age. As time goes on however, we grow and meet a lot of people, this increases our level of exposure to different ways of doing things, we are then able to make conscious effort to choose which things to imbibe and which to ignore.
     I have learnt many things from a lot of people. I can say that it made me a better personality. When learning from people, it is wise to choose to learn from people whose lives mirror what you would like yours to become in time. This is where mentorship comes in. I have learnt also from others never to behave in a certain way or do certain things. My mum has been a major positive influence in my life, I still learn from her. She always seems to know how to manage people and situations. 
    Oh my most important influence, The Holy Spirit…he has taught me diplomacy, taught me to know the truth and to walk and live by it. My beloved Pastor Chris (Our man of God), he is our most valuable mentor and life coach. I've learnt so much about the word of God, what it says about my life and how I can impact the life of others with this life transforming message. My life has received a deeper meaning by the virtue of his teachings and the ministry of the Holy Spirit. I have learnt human relations in its entirety from a man who embodies it. I am very grateful for these influences. I for one would have been nothing like I am today if not for these people I have been privileged to meet and learn from. I owe who I am today to these people God has brought my way to deposite these invaluable treasures, I can truly say therefore that I learnt, and still learning from the best.

 You can as well follow us on Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog

Comments