Skip to main content

MOBSTER IN-LAWS EPISODE 2: SHADES OF SKIN



Disclaimer: Mobster In-laws is not suitable for a reader younger than 18, it has a high graphic description, nudity and strong languageThis story is pure fiction and written solely for entertainment. Any person’s name and location mentioned has nothing to do with the story. Read, Enjoy and Share.

Catch up by clicking on this: 

EPISODE 1: A SILHOUETTE QUESTIONED



Job hunt in Nigeria is a horror non-fiction every graduate must partake in consciously or subconsciously. This should be the 10th job interview I am undertaking within few months I finished my National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).

I was at Don K’s office at 9 am hence my appointment was for 10 am. The office was super slick; everything had a touch of gold with Don K engraved on every side. The setting was foreign, at a point, I lost touch of the country I was.

The receptionist must have been screen grabbed from a musical video due to her elegant appearance. It wasn’t up to 5minutes I settled in, Vanny the half Nigerian/half Ukrainian damsel who Don K nearly killed me over, walked right pass the reception hall. Her alluring persona magnet my attention, I found myself walking towards her effortlessly.  

I called her but she ignored. As I approached her, three men who looked like spec ops crew appeared from nowhere. She signalled them to cool off.


Download my life changing mini-book here: BROKEN

“Why are you pretending not to know me?” I asked

“Cos you are just like any other cheap fleabag at my disposal” she answered.

My brain splintered on hearing this. “You are…” trying to construct a word, the secretary interrupted “Mr Newton Don K is ready to see you”.

“We will meet again” I told Vanny and turned.

“I don’t think so” she catwalks off the runway of my eyes. I got into Don K office, looking worried.

“I told you she’s the doorway to your afterlife” he said backing the office door while sipping an exotic view of FCT.

As I was wondering how he knew I met Vanny, he turned around and looked me deep in the eye. “We met off on a wrong foot. Apologies to that” he said.

“When I was your age, I neither know nor had anything. I sold pure water on this very street my Head office is currently situated. That’s one reason I had this place built. It reminds me night hours are the corridors to a brighter life” he added

“Have a seat” he instructed.

“Tell me, what you do for a living?” he inquired.

“Well I run a blog, I also work as facilitator in my teen’s church, and then sometimes I visit schools to run my personal development workshop but that’s been on hold due to some official limitations”

Looking at me with kin interest, he replied “Interesting, from the way you talked last night I figured out you are truthful, transparent and marketable… I can use some of you to make up some of me…just some brush ups will be needed”.

I became more interested “What am I going to be brushed up for?

“You see business is more competitive these days. Everyone is looking up to Don K to boost the economy despite this man made recession. As a conglomerate…sometimes, I forget businesses under my name, their locations, profits, the number of staff etcetera. That’s where people like you come in” He stood up, took a cigar and lighted it. He offered me but I declined it.

“You don’t smoke?” He queried.

I nodded my head.

“You see, you and I have a lot in common, just that I’m here and you there”. He added with a grin.

“Come with me!” he ordered.

As we were about stepping out of his office, the door bashed open. A Yoruba man along with his bodyguards stormed the office.

The secretary tried stopping them but the horde outmatched her oestrogen muscles.

“Hey!!! Mr Damilola, why such disrespect?” Don k questioned.

In a thick Yoruba tone, the fat bigheaded man sputtered “It’s you that’s the disrespectful bastard”

Don K tried clarifying “I think you are missing out something Mr Lola”.

Mr Damilola sat down sweating profusely “Noooo, there is nothing I am missing. Was it not you that ordered the Chinese to take over my delivery?”

“Oh, that!!! I remember advising you to keep your end tied” Don K stood still accessing Damilola’s bodyguard. “Rachel, take Mr Paul to the real estate department, tell Clement to brief him on his first day.”

I reasoned within me “wait a minute, I am starting work today, I didn’t come with all my credentials nor even know what I will be working as neither do I know how much I will be paid, is this a dream or am I just been used as a fleabag as Vanny said earlier.” I shock the thoughts out of my head.

“But Sir…” I stammered trying to understand what was going on “Now is not the time” Don K taunted with a frown.

I obeyed and was lead to Mr Clement who briefed me on my role as a real estate agent. Meeting target clients, delivering letters and persuading them to purchase Don K properties across Abuja.

DAB ON THE JOB
Marketing job can be extremely infuriating if you find yourself in an undersized campaign piloted by a dense organisation. The great thing about working for Don K was that he knew what it takes to be on top of the game.

I had a driver, a posh 2014 BMW X6 an Ipad and different colours of tuxedos. What more can a guy ask for? The swift elevation was just astonishing. 



Deep within me I felt I was an actor casting for the lead role in an Oscar movie, well this is my movie anyway so yea I’m sure a protagonist ready to antagonise any antagonist.

Few weeks after I started working with Don K, I underwent some rigorous training after which was sent for my first mission.


Download my life changing mini-book here: BROKEN

MY FIRST CAMPAIGN
On a rainy day, my driver pulled over at a luxurious apartment at Missouri street Mataima. I was only told my client name was Lincoln Ade. My task was to persuade him to purchase a fully furnished restaurant situated at a hill top around Apo district. He happened to be a food mogul.

I rang the doorbell, a maid answered me. I was ushered to the indoor swimming pool in the cone shaped duplex. My perfume was dapper; I saw it slaying everyone I walked past, the sound that echoed from the hills of my shoe knocked in the same tone of a pendulum clock.



“You are welcome” a tender voice announced.

Initially, I thought it was a woman until I saw a short lighted robust man on speedo panties resting on a fancy chaise lounge beside the pool. The interior decoration of the swimming pool was a magnificient. Artistic painting of nude images rested on a canvas at a corner, solar lightening exhibiting the moon and stars reflected on the ceiling and walls while smooth Marvin Gaye song played in the background. I felt like a marketing astronaut on an expedition outside space.



“You care for something to drink” he offered.

“No, I’m fine!” I declined thinking he was just a guest or an in-law or nobody who just choose to suffocate the fancy lounge chair.

“No!!! One rule in Mr Lincoln’s house is you don’t say no… Don K should have told you that?

His puzzled look emerged “You are from Don K am I right?”

“Affirmative” I altered my speech pattern to suit my tuxedo.

“He keeps changing you guys I don’t know why” he reported. “So what’s it this time?” This was when I figured out he was my client.

“Actually it’s a restaurant situated at a hill top around Apo district, your customers can have an alluring view of Abuja during the day and at night” I turned on my Ipad and started my presentation.

He sipped from his glass “What if I’m not interested?

His question dried all the liquid in my body; I sipped from my drink using it as an official cover up to think of something profound.

“The concept on feeding lately has transcended. People care of the ingenuity applied in their environment as their appetite sync with the tasty atmosphere” I walked around taking domination of the open pool space.



 “Here are some pros for having your restaurant situated on the hill. Normally when people stay on a high altitude, they easily get fatigue during the climb, therefore, want to eat and drink more…the psychological feeling, on the other hand, enhances relaxation…the bewitching view of Abuja not only make your restaurant a sure place for hikers and tourist but the talk of the town…alongside a romantic pedestal for young and old couple”
“Hummm…among the other guys who have been here, there is something I like about you” he said admiring me. “What’s your name?”

“Newton Paul” I replied

He stood up and shook my hand. “Newton who do new things”

“That’s my motto” I said with a smile.

“Mr Newton you only told me the pros, what of the cons?” another slaying question that nearly strangled me. I had to take another quaff to rescue my throat.

I deeply reasoned within me for split seconds, rich men like dealing only with the rich. “Well, the cons are pros in disguise. A hilltop restaurant would filter the class of customers, thus colour your brand with high profiled personalities”

Mr Lincoln tried standing up but couldn’t, as I assisted him up, I slipped and my face thrust straight on his groin area right on the lounge chair. I’m so soaking mouth in bleach after that, I thought.

Mr Lincoln’s laughter clouded the ambience like an emergency ambulance. We both stood up and he shook my hands. “hmm, Impressive presentation. Give me some few days to think about it. Meanwhile, why don’t you come for dinner on Friday so we talk further on this…for now, I need to be present at a meeting”.

“Okay, no one says no to Mr Lincoln” I reminded him.

“You see I like you, you learn very fast” he said as he walked away half butt naked.


Download my life changing mini-book here: BROKEN

FRIDAY EVENING
I returned to Mr Lincoln mansion with my mum’s car. I wore a grey tux, accompanied amid my slaying cologne. The maid directed me to the dining room. The six sitter dining table was decorated with edible substances except I happened to be the only one present. The door swung open few minutes later as Mr Lincoln and his dark lovely wife walked in gently.

They sat at both end of the table just the way we see in movies leaving three chairs empty.

“You guys must be lonely not having the kids around” I uttered after my observation.

Mr Lincoln laughed till he choked on his drink…“Honey, please take it easy” his wife cautioned.

“So tell me about yourself” she stared at me.

“I work for Don K…” she cuts me “…Not your profession…tell me about you” she asked passionately.

I saw a motherly hesitation in her eyes. This was the first time someone interviewed me in a subtle way I find uncomfortable.

“I’m the last child and only boy in my family, I hail from Delta State…” as I was talking, three damsels sharing different shades of skin colour contrasting from dark to light walked in talking in a seasoned accent.



Every blink I took slowed their pace to slow-motion. I nearly swallowed my tongue along with my meal. I wondered how such a girlish man could sustain nurturing three damsels without giving a damn on the dangers involved beholding such multinational asset in his house.

These are ladies parents’ nurture for Kings and Princes matrimonial bedroom. Stunningly, I am dining and wining in their dining room.

“Oh my gosh!!! That movie was fascinating” the darkest in complexion expressed herself as she sat opposite me.

“Dad is that your cologne?” the tan in complexion asked sitting right beside me.

“I’m not putting on any” Mr Lincoln replied

She looked at her mother; the mother gave her a signal by looking at me. “Who is this?” she added.

“He is Jasmine’s soon to be husband” the mother answered.

On hearing this I chock on my food. “Sorry, I didn’t mean to spill it to you all at once” she added.

Everywhere went dead silent. Mr Lincoln’s laughter suddenly broke the silence.

Everyone joined in the laughter. “I want you all to meet my newly found friend…Mr Paul…what’s the other English part?” Mr Lincoln introduction had a glitch.

“Newton” I added as I bowed my head.

“Dad, hope he is my age mate?” the tan in complexion asked.

“I pray not” he said with a slight smile “…lemme start my introduction from the youngest, the lightest and the quietest. This is Platinum, she’s 20”.

I got hooked on my look. Platinum was the definition of beauteous, her eyes reflected like diamonds, her oval shaped face aided her medicated glasses while her hair cut through the front frame portraying her as my pedestal of desires.

“Here we have the second Sophie, she is 22 years of age, I call her Choco” Mr Lincoln continues.

I would say Sophie complexion is confusing because she is a pure mixture of white and black equal tan. Her pink fluffy lips settle it all. Her killing physic would actually make any president’s son eat dust if he set his eyes on those foxy curves and contours. Her forward nature made her sort of slutty and funny, the perfect definition of a hotty.

“…And this is my Jasmine the eldest, she is 25…ripe to get involved in a reasonable relationship. She’s my accountant also an MBA holder, I’m hoping someday she takes over my business” He squeezed the top part of her hands as he finished his speech.

Jasmine is dark gold; she has a heart shaped face, crystal dentitions that mirrored my face while she sat opposite me. I could sense the softness of her skin from where I sat. But I already knew who my heart beat after.

“And you are how old?” Sophie asked

“I’m 29” I raised my glass. “Let’s make a toast”

We had dinner same way any close family would do. I cracked jokes that made their tummy ached. I felt warmed up and comfortable as though I have known them for long. We all exchanged numbers. They proposed I sleep over but I turned it down even though the rule of the house says there is no negation.

To be continued 
Read EPISODE 3: SMOOTH WITH WORDS

Try drop a comment before you go let others know what you think about this story and oooo don't be selfish SHARE...
Download my life changing mini-book here: BROKEN



Follow us on 
Twitter: @Majorpane1
Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog
Instagram: @Major4pane
Got a suggestion for us?
E-mail: majorpanedmajorfactor@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Hehehehe this episode seems babe-ified, running to the next but this was mind blowing really. Weldone SIr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babe-ified oh yea girl.
      Ladies colour creativity. Indeed they give life to life itself

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment can save a life...don't be selfish with it *winks*