Skip to main content

E-INTERVIEW with WADI BEN-HIRKI

Hello beautiful people, I am sure we having a fine-looking August especially with the multi-dimensional Rio Olympics event attached with other extra exciting life packages. My hunt for great minds has just begun, last week we met Prince Onyeka Eze founder of Prince OsisimaFoundation.

Today I want us to meet an outstanding, brilliant, and exceptional Nigerian whom I have known for a year now and it’s been a dynamic experience. Her name is Wadi Ben-Hirki, a 19 year old student of Covenant University, Nigeria.

She hails from Adamawa state. She is the Founder and Chairman of Wadi Ben-Hirki Foundation which is a charity organization aimed at reaching out to the less-privileged, disabled and victimized children in our society. She focuses on children because they are the most vulnerable. The mantra for her foundation is “every child is your child.”

She is also the Founder and CEO of Sapphire by WBHF which is a brand under Wadi Ben-Hirki Foundation that raises funds through the sale of merchandise.
I know there are many people out there who think age is a limiting factor from achieving your dreams, this brief E-interview would change your view about life.

What do you see as your place of purpose in life? How did you come to that conclusion?
I believe my purpose in life is reaching out to people. I came to that conclusion when I asked God for the reason why He created me because I believed and believe it isn’t just to occupy space. I got my answer by realizing how easy talking and relating to people is.

What inspired you to get involved with humanitarianism? 
The fact that a lot of people out there are suffering with little or no love and care from others made me start up humanitarian and charity work. I started charity work ever since but officially launched Wadi Ben-Hirki Foundation on the 13th of June, 2015.
What are the steps to run a foundation?
I personally don’t think there are “steps” to run a foundation. It is simply based on the vision of the Founder but you must register your company under Corporate Affairs Commission.

What’s the most difficult part of running a foundation? How did you deal with it?
The most difficult part is actually starting it up. I believe so because it takes A LOT of courage to start up a charity organization; especially in the world we live in today. Most people think of “ME” instead of “WE”. I overcame and still am overcoming this major challenge by the special Grace of God and the passion I have to being the change I want to see can never dry up.

How does it feel to be in charge of such a dynamic movement?
It feels good and it is also VERY demanding. People expect so much from you and expect you to be perfect; without flaws but I am surviving.
I observed you have been to some major crises zone, how did you secure your crew?
God secured us lol. There’s no human explanation for that.

Being a student isn’t an easy task especially in such a prestigious university, how do you get to combine working and schooling?
I am trying my best although I barely engage in charity work when I am in school.
What advice did your grandparents or parents give you that you remember best?
My mother always tells me I am great and I should never give up. It’s not because she is my mother but because she has been with me since day one and knows all the challenges I have conquered/am conquering. She believes it takes one with courage to go through such and stand still.

Where there situations where you felt like giving up on your dreams?
Yes, many! In fact, I fight that almost every single day of my life. I am gradually getting to understand why only VERY FEW people are great, successful and influential in this world.
How can young people achieve their dream despite financial issues?
Dare to do. Hustle hard. Spend wisely. Prioritize things. Make quality use of your time. Everyone has 24hours a day.

Who are the three people you admire most and why?
I admire a lot of people but I admire Oprah Winfrey the most. She went through a lot and used that anger to achieve so many great things. I also admire her more because we share same birthday (which is no coincidence lol).

What’s your happiest or proudest moment?
I don’t have a “happiest moment” because I have experienced several happy moments which mostly come when I go for outreaches, visitations etc. I don’t have any proud moment yet because I am yet to have a record-breaking achievement.
If you had the power to solve one and only problem in the world, what would it be and why?
If I had the power to solve one problem in the world, I would restore love and peace because they are the major causes of the world’s problems.

What’s your Creativometer? (What type of materials or activities gives you deep inspiration)
I watch a lot of documentaries about great people all over the world. I also try to read motivational and inspirational books and articles.

Wrap up
Parents, Ladies and Gentlemen out there, I believe this is more than motivating and it’s a clear beacon to enhance your vision. A great man once said “It’s either you wait and start BIG or you start small and move gently”…either way the caption for everyone who wants to be an Icon out there is “Never Back Down”.
Keep in touch with Wadi Ben-Hirki via:

Twitter: @WBHFoundation

Email: wadibenhirkifoundation@gmail.com & sapphirebywbhf@gmail.com



UPCOMING...


Annu Odusola brings to us on Saturday 13th August (09:00) the rules guiding the ultimate gangsta emotional game of all time Friends with Benefit (Fwb)... you dont want to miss this.




Follow us on 
Twitter: @Majorpane1
Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog
Instagram: @Major4pane
Got a suggestion for us?
E-mail: majorpanedmajorfactor@gmail.com

Comments