Skip to main content

SMALL WORLD


   For those people feeling the world is too big to get away with stuff, the good news is… “a pin is here to burst your bubble”. Isn’t it funny how crimes are committed in one part of the world while the criminals are caught in the other part of the world?

   I have had my own share of planet earth being “a small world” and I know there are other experiences coming forth in the future.

   Late last year a friend Joy told me she met my clone in her NYSC camp in Uyo State. Initially I thought it was kinda a lie until I saw couple of pix. She hooked me up with the guy (Usman) on BBM. Earlier this week, I flew down from Abuja to Lagos, right on the plane I saw a hot chick, I tried minding my business. On our arrival we boarded a conveying bus to the departure, I figured out the mutual stare was getting obvious so I had to ask for the time. At the departure, she told me “I look familiar”, I responded “Oh really”. We got talking further, only for me to figure out that the guy she claimed I look alike is Usman who Joy introduced me to. Luckily for me, I showed her his pix and she claimed he was the one. Right at that point we both said “What a small world”

   Here is another one, after Christmas; my church had an amazing picnic. I invited a friend (Ayomide) I met in Lagos during an animation campaign; she came along with her cousin (Lola) whom I haven’t seen before. We had amazing fun with drinks and food, took lots of pix (different styles and all that). Although, before then she told me she had a friend (Busola) serving in the same state with me. The next day after the picnic, she sent me a picture I took right in camp with couple of friends…I was stunned to see the pix, then she told me that her friend (Busola) serving in same state with me sent it to her. OMG, like they know themselves and her friend is someone I happened to know back then in camp but didn’t take her contact.

   Here is another share, there is this guy (James) who was my junior during my Senior Secondary School. We didn’t talk much or even get close for any reason. Last year, we happened to hook up on Facebook and boom we became closer than I would expect. Right now he calls me dad cos there is so much inspiration oozing out of the friendship.

   Like seriously, it just got dawned on me that we can’t completely run away, what if I did something awful in camp, in secondary school or elsewhere? It would probably spoil my reputation currently.   

   A very cool friend of mine (Nene) back in university happened to be posted to same state I am serving. Thank God for great friendship, she can’t still phantom why in God’s name I am super caring to her. Not just that care is my nature, but I remember one day I was dead broke and she brought food items for me and I told myself “no matter what amma repay her with good anytime we meet in the future”

   Now I am thinking, all those ladies and guys who might have messed me up and treated me badly, you can’t hide forever. Get ready cos two things are likely to happen, either you see me in the first class on your way to your third class sit, or you gonna be walking into my company for an interview… Either way you just gonna cross my path, you gonna see me in every path of y0ur life either on the tv, on the billboard, on your children’s phone (wallpaper) or as your boss in the office.

   I have heard of how one good sowed in the previous life paved ways to a bountiful future, I have also seen how one man’s crime, offence or evil deed has caused his generation to suffer everywhere they go.

   Ready or not, here I come, you can’t hide…the world is smaller than you think. See you soon.

   What’s your own share of “small world?”

 CLICK ME
Follow us on 
Twitter: @Majorpane1
Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog
Instagram: @Major4pane
Got a suggestion for us E-mail: majorpanedmajorfactor@gmail.comJoin our BBM CHANNEL TO STAY CONNECTED ALWAYS 

Comments