Skip to main content

CARELESS



   When was the last time that cool friend of yours called to check up on you or that cute girl you regularly buzz, thought of you and decided to return your call or text? As for me its 1% of my contact I get to communicate with and majority times I am the one that infuse the communication until...lately… I figured out a secret.

   I posted an article sometime back Rogue Nation: Cold Cold Heart to reveal how uncaring the world we live in is. Recently, I got to figure out people aren’t caring enough due to series of unfortunate events their care brought their way.

   We care because we feel some people are angels or might be of help later in the future based on how small the world is (Check out the last post Small World) or simply because our religious background mandate us to be caring.

   I watched two movies few weeks back that prompted the ideas in this article. The first movie “Knock Knock” Starring Keanu Reeves (oh yea the matrix guy)…he was an ordinary architect in the movie, starved of sex by his wife. When his lovely family went for camp on father’s day, a knock on his door changed his entire life. Two strange beautiful girls drenched and stranded in his neighborhood pleaded he let them use his phone to call SOS. He kept them warm, gave them hot coffee, dry cleaned their cloths and boom… Things started getting out of control, he tried pulling the plugs but it was too late. What happened next got him losing almost everything including his family.

   The other movie, “Hunting Season” starring Robert De Niro and John Travolta. Two veterans of the Bosnian war, one American (Robert De Niro), one Serbian (John Travolta) find themselves on each other throat after the Serbian Soldier survived a gun shot fired at him by the American soldier (execution murder style). The Serbian soldier went to seek revenge by hunting his executioner, little did his executioner know that the stranger that helped him fixed his car in the woods was the Serbian soldier now looking different. The American soldier gave the stranger a lift home thinking he was stranded, gave him food, chatted, drank together, made a toast, played warm country music and boom things got mixed up when they went for hunting the next day. They find themselves hunting their head as past memories and stories stirred up anger.

   Okay after been exposed to these two movies, I’m sure viewers are likely to reduce the way they give aids to strangers. Well to a large extent, everyone is over security conscious which so far is enlightening but from another angle, isn’t it what the devil wants “everyone in their shell that we can watch someone die in our very eyes and nothing is done in order not to have a missing life as well”
    From another trajectory, last year I witness couple of emotional instability especially from the angle of broken friendships. At first I couldn’t swallow the huge chunk of bullshit my caring lifestyle fetched me. It was indeed an eye opener which has led me to give you some tips on how to balance your caring lifestyle if yours is suicidal.

Don’t expect too much: I remember one time in my life when I expected people to give me same amount of care I sow into their life. When I get something short, it shuts me down fervently. I realized its complete bullshit. People would never give you all the care and attention you seek as much as the attention you give them.

So how should we react, when you make friend with someone new or get to be with a stranger, just be neutral, expect little or nothing much. Let them surprise you with their action rather than guessing and filling the reputation bar on their behalf.

"why is it that those who never care, love been cared for"

Don’t reveal too much: Yes we love to talk, tell people about whom we are, what we are into and what we want to be. But at some point I guess we need to put a pause at it. It’s extremely annoying telling someone a lot about you and getting to know little or nothing about them. So next time you come across a stranger or a new friend, take things slowly. Don’t jump to stage ten when you haven’t even finish stage one. Sit back and take the pen and paper in your mind and observe the individual.

State your principles: This is where many people get it all wrong. On the first meeting, it’s good you state your rules. You don’t have to do it bluntly, but there are ways you tell your new friend or stranger things you can swallow and things that made you chop someone’s head off. Reason is because people can get too comfortable which birth over familarity that results to negligence. 

I feel if Keanu Reeves had stated his principles and meant it in the movie “Knock Knock”, by now I might not be hungry for part 2 (that movie took my breath away, please return it)

Balance it: It’s with wisdom and maturity we get to know when to show care and when to play robot. You can’t be doing all the calls and texting alone either as friend or as lover. If anyone is not ready to reciprocate your affection or friendship mehn let them eat dust. 

Another definition of careless is "avoiding harm or errors"...in order words in as much as you might wanna be caring, you should ensure it won't harm you.

I lately ditched some friends because I do most of the communication and they come up with lame punch lines like “I’m not into chatting and calling”….yea right but you got whatsapp installed and I get to see you online. Gerrara here!!!

On the other hand, it doesn't hinder my enormous care i lavish on some others who are deliciously fabulous in infusing care in every fiber of my being. (I love you guys...i know you know yourself)

"If someone doesn’t care for you, others will, if others don’t, God will. God is everything".

This scripture guides my heart mehn

[1 Corinthians 13:5 MSG] …I’m bankrupt without love. Love never gives up. Love cares more for others than for self. Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have. Love doesn’t strut, Doesn’t have a swelled head, Doesn’t force itself on others, Isn’t always “me first,” Doesn’t fly off the handle, Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others, Doesn’t revel when others grovel, Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth, Puts up with anything, Trusts God always, Always looks for the best, Never looks back, But keeps going to the end.

   It’s not your fault the world is uncaring but it’s your fault to be uncaring. Care is like a seed we sow and reap later either sparingly or bountifully.

   Let’s bear in mind these sensible words I posted on my facebook sometime last year.

Your personal deficiencies are not second or third party infused they are first person infused. If you are saying reason why you are uncaring is because those you were caring to take you for granted, it means you actually are uncaring in the first place. You were only trying to please them by acting caring. Focus your gaze on God and let your action be to please him either anyone is around you or not. That way when people identify with you, they feel nourished. If they choose to go, one day they will figure out you are indeed a worthy person.
 Don’t Quit Developing Yourself.
 CLICK ME
Follow us on 
Twitter: @Majorpane1
Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog
Instagram: @Major4pane
Got a suggestion for us E-mail: majorpanedmajorfactor@gmail.comJoin our BBM CHANNEL TO STAY CONNECTED ALWAYS 


Comments

  1. Hmm, what an abstract. Blessed are those who can read and understand, for they we never worried. A girl of 11yrs old "Anita" went to her mother complaining.
    "I can't manage to friends. They all stay away from me"
    Then her mother was taking cafe of newly-born chickens, and Anita held up one of them which immediately tried to escape. The more she squeezed it in her hand, the more the chicken struggled.
    Her mother said "try holding it gently" Anita obeyed. She opened her hands and the chicken stopped struggling. She begins to stroke it and the chicken cuddled up between her fingers.
    "Human nature's are like that too" said her mother. If you want to hold onto them by any means, they escape but if you kind, not selfish, self-centred, shaking them for your own good, or only remembers them when you needed something or far away from them, they will remain forever by your side. Only a warrior knows that friendships are not always sweet, they hurt you once a while. I do tell people "if your friend is this kind that says "me, in stead of we" you better look for another friend." and if everyone loves you, there's a problem. We must have someone to remind us what next to do. Love is an act, not a choice. And if your friend change to you, then he/she is trying to reply you in the language that you understand.
    PS: Love too, was just a question of time.
    We can't choose our lives, but we can decide what to do with the joy or griefs we've given.

    Love
    Ghost (Theoracle)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that's a deep speech Mr Oracle. I enjoyed the chicken story lol

      Delete
  2. Nice one Paul, I believe we shld all be caring irrespective of d kind of person we shw it to. Like u said ' focus ur mind on God nd let evrytin u do be pleasing to Him' nd not humans. Wit dat alone we wil all excel in our relationship wit others

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother my brother! Happy new year first of all.
    I already knew my reaction to this post right after i was done reading the 2nd paragraph but i was shocked i saw every other thing i thought i was going to say just below in the following paragraphs, like you so predicted my thoughts this time. Nice one bro.
    I only think the last paragraph is somehow problematic yo? Sometimes you can actually care and give all the hoot about someone in the most sincere manner but yet they wont give shit about you. I dont think it would necessarily suggest that your care wasnt genuine, naaa... You shouldnt go ahead to blame them tho. They are not under any compulsion to return your care. Everybody already have their problems and worries, sometimes you just may not see where it is coming from. You need to understand that the human race is extremely selfish (from the diplomatic perspective) and its scientific, so to that regard you need to learn that you are always on your own. You only need to spot those people you can always use (yes of course its okay to use people). You spot the people that makes you happy and use them to make yourself happy, you spot the people that has good business sense and use them to make some money you spot the people that know God and use them to get closer to Him and so on. All these could sound so selfish but the point benefits the both parties, the only difference is that you dont get to expect what you dont have control over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome.point brother....its because you know better that's why you are doing something better.
      Reason for my last statement is that I get to see some mean people...some others so badddddd....and they blame it in others not knowing that blaming others for their personal disabilities ain't fresh rather man up and put ones attitude on check either people are there or not. You feel me bah

      Delete
  4. Deep, very deep and I can actually relate it to my personal experiences both past and present. I've seen "knock knock" and the movie broke my heart, it made the statement "it's good to be good" sound like a lie because he was good and what did he get? Nothing. I've learnt a lot from this really and I mean a lot, one should be careful about who we give our attention to and the kind of attention we give them. I also discovered that when care isn't returned, it makes the friendship or relationship fade slowly and slowly till it finally dies even if the one who cared more didn't mean to cut you off, it's just natural. I'm definitely going to think about this when I wake and put it into practice. Thank you very much Paul. Its a 3D article indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You right in point Annu. My own article came into play this weekend. I had to shotgun someone that I gave a little finger opportunity only for the person to wanna take an arm. Lol...

      intruder alert ...booom. Case closed and intruder knocked down. Lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment can save a life...don't be selfish with it *winks*