Skip to main content

5 DAYS: Episode 1

The characters and events depicted in this piece are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead is purely coincidental.






There are some people you wish to have around either as lovers or as friends.

    The morning sun breaks dark clouds that accompanied the night, sun rays beats Jerry’s light skinned face. Jerry is drunk with sleep, can feel the intense heat of the rays but laziness paralysis his whole muscular body from changing position on his big bed.   A light in complexion slim figure girl with average height on Jerry’s shirt blocks the heavy rays from burning Jerry’s skin.
“Baby wake up you’d be late for classes” she says while running kisses on his cheeks as though she wants to cool the sun burns with her soft lips.
Jerry turns in cracked voice “Oh, I don’t want to go for lectures today”.
“You know I’d be travelling in few days’ time” she reminds him.
“Yea that’s why I don’t want to go for classes, want to spend all the time I can have with you” Jerry says dragging her into the bed sheets. She sinks into it giggling as he tickles her.
“Go and brush your mouth” she shouts while laughing uncontrollably.
“I’m so going to shower you with these bacteria” Opening his mouth wide and exhaling aggressively.
“Ewww”!!! She swims her way off the pool of bed sheets, lands on the floor and runs her way to the kitchen. Jerry follows her, his chest vibrates with every steps he takes tracing her to the kitchen.
“Nowhere to hide baby” he warns walking close to her with his hands wide open. “Help”!!!... She screams. Jerry locks his lips on hers; she did nothing but struggles by using her fragile hands to hit his chesty chest. When she sees her hit did nothing but bounce and ache her hands, she wraps her hands round him and moans deeply.

Two days later…

    After series of hot lectures, Jerry is in class having a nice chat with his close friend Peter.
“Mehn Jerry you know how to make them girls fall for you” Peter says putting his book right into his portable black bag.
“Is that what you think? Jerry questions as he stops writing on his note book.
“That is what I know”
“Well there comes a time everything you’ve worked for ends up coming to you willingly, especially when you got the hottest chick on campus” Jerry narrates, closes his notebook and puts his hands on Peter’s shoulders. “Speaking of everything coming back, there is someone I have in mind I must spend time with before I graduate”.
“Who”? Runs out of Peter’s dark lips.
“Jerry”!!! A sharp female voice screams out from the entrance of the classroom. She’s dark in complexion, average height, uses medicated glasses, has red glossy lips, legs straight like the pillars supporting the porch of white house. Jerry and Peter turns swiftly towards the voice, Jerry looks at her in slow motion from head to toe, turns back to Peter who is still admiring the beautiful living art work at the entrance of the classroom.
“Speak of the angel” Jerry whispers to Peter.
“Oh my God is she the one? Damn she’s hot” Peter whispers staring at the entrance continuously without remorse.
“Don’t look too much so she won’t know we’re talking about her” Jerry warns.
“She already knows we talking about her, summarize her matter before you go meet her I know once you leave, I won’t see you again” Peter plead.
“Well since my first day in this school I have been digging this girl, asked her out but she refused. I decided to keep her as a close friend hoping that someday the tables would turn and I’d be a happy man when she’s in my arms. That day I have so longed for, we don’t get to be together often. She has a boyfriend who’s beyond my match” he pause for a while, looks at Peter in the eyes “who turns me off every time she tells me what he did for her”. He continues “if you can’t beat them, you join them. She’s so used to me that she can’t date me. Friendship zone worst place any man can be especially to a girl he really crushes on”. Jerry completes his narration and inhales deeply.

     Peter being out of words rest his hands on Jerry’s shoulders same way a gladiator does when he is about saying a victorious speech“Hasta la vista Baby”.
  
    The girl at the entrance sights Jerry and Peter hands on each other shoulders giving them football prayers look, “Jerry I am waiting for you” her voice interrupt Jerry and Peter’s murmuring.
    Jerry tells her to hold up a minute and returns his face to Peter. “Don’t tell me you've been watching Terminator again, what does that even mean? I just told you a hot heart story and all you can say is “Hasta la what”…
“Its Spanish, means See you later baby” Peter lectures Jerry.
“Yea right chicken, thanks for wasting my time” Jerry turns, walks towards the classroom entrance.
“Sorry to keep you waiting, that chicken was interrogating me about you. Had to give him all the answers” Jerry reports himself.
She laughs and asks “What do you mean”?
“Well Tracy why don’t I buy you a drink while I tell you all you need to know”? He shows her the way out. “By the way you look hot, OMG I so need a drink to cool my temperature you just increased” he added.
    
    Shortly they get to a spot where sipping and chewing takes place. Jerry places his order and watch Tracy place her order. She wore a short black skirt with yellow stripes that had a sharp slit by the front on a white blouse that pump every single breast muscle together making her nothing but a nuke of beauty at the canteen.
“Why are you staring at me”? Tracy questions.
“You keep asking me questions like we are just knowing ourselves, I have known you for like”… Jerry shows her his three fingers followed with an inaudible speech.
“Three years” she helps him call it out.
“Yea three years and what do I get from you? Questions upon questions, that’s not fair” He says while taking a sip from his drink.
“Well I must tell you those three years have been the best part of my life Jerry” she says looking straight into his eyes with her white eyeballs as though she hallucinate him.
  
    Jerry confused with the sudden expression of gratitude, removes his eyeballs and tell her “Hell no!!! I won’t fall victim with those look anymore, had enough of it” He cries out putting his hands on his eyes.
    She gives a light smile that sparkle her beauty all over the canteen causing every single person to admire her and Jerry. Her short skirt exposes her fresh chocolate legs; her chocolate is the type with lots of milk so it’s nearly white especially as sun rays touched them they reflect straight on Jerry’s eyes.
“Tracy” Jerry called out her name. She looks at him, bites a huge chunk from her meat pie. “Yea” she replies.
“Please don’t be offended, there is something I want to ask you for” he tells her in a calm voice. “I...” he stammers.
“Go on” she encourages him.
“I was actually telling Peter how much I have admired you and how you've not given me a chance by dating me. I know it’s too late, you have a boyfriend, and I have a girlfriend but there is something about you I can’t help, I feel if I don’t get to be with you I’d just pass out” Jerry explains, pause and takes a sip from his drink. He rests his right muscular hands on hers that were wide open like they were hungry for warmth due to the air-conditioned that permeate the air with cool dry breeze.

    He continues “I’d like you to spend 5 days with me, I know it sounds weird. After this I won’t disturb you about my feelings or anything. I want to spend whole days with you Tracy, I want to know who Tracy fully is and I want Tracy to know who Jerry really is” He tell her squeezing her hands.
“I…” she stammers. “I would love to but I can’t sleep over at your place”. She replies.
“You don’t have to be scared, I got self-control. By the way I got lots of movies, drinks and food to make you very comfortable, my girl would be traveling for a week so we got 5days to squeeze out before she comes”
“This is a tempting offer. I really have to think about this Jerry, when is she travelling”?
“Today is Wednesday she’s travelling on Friday to come back next Friday” Jerry assures her.
    Tracy leans forward exposing her cleavages that cut through Jerry’s eyes making Jerry swallow huge saliva.
“What do you really want Jerry”? She questions him, and adds “You know I don’t want this friendship to get ruined due to one stupid act”?
“Yea I know, that’s why I really want to spend time with you. And please take those cleavages off before I cause a scene here” he warns her.
   They laughed, finished up their drinks and walked out of the canteen hoping to meet on the agreed day.

   “Thank God it’s Friday” Jerry shout across the room, yawning with his half naked muscular body while still on bed. His girlfriend was dressed up set to leave.
“Baby you set so quick”? Jerry askshis girlfriend like a baby.
“Old man like you acting like a baby, I have to go now so I won’t miss my bus” she announces carrying her hand luggage to the door post of the small rooms entrance.  
  
    Jerry decides to walk her to the park which is a stone throw from his place, while at the park he walks towards her and kiss her on the lips right in everyone’s front.
“I’d miss you so much” he tells her putting her head right into his shoulders. She starts having teary eyes as she buries her head into his shoulders.
“Please be a good boy and call me always” she tells him as she enters the bus that’s already full with anxious passengers who are entertained with the little drama she and Jerry just acted.
    Jerry gets home feeling lonely and same time excited when he resurrects the thoughts of Tracy coming over. He had his bath, arranged his small self-contain room and sprayed air refresher.
    
    Evening arrived slowly; Jerry is still waiting for Tracy but no trace. He picks up his phone and dialed her number. It was switched off. “Oh no please tell me this is not happening” he reasoned within himself.
    
    The next day Saturday runs so fast, Jerry cannot control his anxiety anymore. He was about setting off to Tracy house to find out if everything is OK especially after giving her 1 billion calls that bounced back.Suddenly he hears a knock on the door, he fast-forward his pace towards the door turning the door knob to open. It was Peter.
“Sup man, is everything OK? With the way you rushed the door it’s like you expecting someone” Peter asks amazingly walking his way into the room. Jerry looking confuse tells Peter the deal he stroke with Tracy. As they were talking, Tracy arrived at the entrance eavesdropping on their conversation. She summons courage and steps in, clears her throat to get their attention. On seeing her, Jerry stops his running mouth from pouring out constructive vocabularies which had Tracy in it.
“How long have you been there”? He questions her with his mouth open wide knowing fully well he must have hurt her feelings.
“So you brought me here to show off right”? Sheasks him with a light frown running on her face dropping her bags on the floor. “No it’s not what you think, I was just…” Jerry says as he walks close to her carrying a sober look.
    
    Peter interrupts Jerry “You lucky Jerry is your friend? Not all guys are these nice I hope you know that? I can assure you, you are in safe hands. Well enjoy your stay”. “I have to go now, have a nice day. And oh Jerry I don’t have to tell you to take real good of Tracy” Peter adds as he walks away.
“You can count on me” Jerry assures closing the door as Peter walks away into the empty compound. He Looks at Tracy carries her bags off to the big wardrobe that had other bags in it. “Seriously I didn’t know you were gonna make it, thought you wanted to be give me a standout in my own house” Jerry tells her as he wave his hands on the bed for her to sit down. “Make yourself comfortable”.
“Was really worried if I should come or not, needed to think deeply about it so I had to switched off my phone; wanted it to come from within and not me trying to please you”. She reports.
“Oh nice, you did very beautiful” he commends her.
Jerry served her juice with snacks while they watched the movie “Olympus has fallen”. They eat and laugh, playing like kids feeding and throwing snacks crumbs on themselves.
“Jerry!!! The weather is cold” Tracy complained with a soft voice. Jerry turned hot water into a bucket in the bathroom for her to have a warm bath.
“I got a thick blanket with socks, head warmer and hand gloves under the pillow you can use them but before then you have hot water waiting for you in the bathroom”. He tells her.
“That’s so caring of you Jerry dearie, maybe you’d come help me scrub my back cos my hands can’t reach them” she says walking towards the bathroom.
“You are sick!!!” Jerry shouts sparking a minute of laughter between them. “Tomorrow is Sunday I need to keep my eyes holy today okay”.
    
    While in the shower Tracy smiles uncontrollably as though she won a jackpot. Shortly, she came out of the shower on a short towel. Jerry looks at her in slow-motion. He quickly removes his face away when he realizes he is taking so long in his stare.
“Are you Ok” Tracy asked him walking close to him slowly, she puts her left hand behind and stretches her right hands which crashed on his head. She creased his hair gently, throwing him into an abyss of confusion. When she realizes his eyes were closed, she stops and bring out her left hands that were behind her. A lotion appeared on it, she hands it over to him, turns her back then asks him to rub little quantity on her back. Her chocolate skin blazed fire on Jerry’s eyes; it felt so soft and warm as though it was hot chocolate pie staring right in front of him.
    
    Tracy’s phone rings, it is her boyfriend calling. She picks up the phone and starts giggling immediately. Jerry keeps admiring her but he wakes up when his phone rings, Tracy gives him signal to talk low. It was his girlfriend calling him. He walks to the kitchen to answer her, he was talking low she starts wondering if he is sick but he tells her he is missing her so suspicion won’t arise. Tracy keeps laughing causing Jerry’s girlfriend to hear her voice over the phone.
“Is there a girl there with you Jerry” she asks with a strong voice.
“Yea there is a girl here but she’d be leaving soon, its Tracy my course mate she came over to work on an assignment “Jerry says boldly.
“She better start leaving, by the way why didn't see just leave it for Sunday after church” his girlfriend questions
“Well I’d be much occupied tomorrow, today is way better by the way baby I want you to know no one can take your place Ok” Jerry assures her.
“Okay baby”
“How is everyone over there”? Jerry asks
“We are fine” she replies
“Who are you talking to”? Tracy comes behind Jerry and tickles him. Jerry jolts a little because he didn't see Tracy coming anytime soon.
“Jerry I don’t like how Tracy is with you this late, tell her to go…” the call went off, cutting his girlfriend from finishing her words.
“Jesus Christ” Jerry screamed
“What happened, is she pregnant”? Tracy asks sipping her juice standing right in front of Jerry on her nightie. Jerry puts his hands on his head to show how frustrated he is.
“No the call went off, but the way it went off  its not network problem like it fell or so”.
“Aww sorry, she’d fix it up soon ok. I wanna go to bed now, feeling so sleepy and tired. Day one was fun”
“Day one, Day one starts tomorrow Sunday” Jerry corrects her pulling off his shirt.
“No, is the day I came here that we start counting” she replies as she sits on the bed wearing Jerry’s head warmer and socks.
     
    Jerry stood with bare chest“That’s not fair you ought to come yesterday Friday then we start counting from today Saturday”
“Exactly what I am doing right now Jerry, today is Saturday and I am counting today as day one” she wears the hand gloves.
“But you didn't spend Saturday morning here, you came in late” He pulls off his short before her very eyes wearing only boxers.
“I agreed to come here so it has to go according to my rules and wear something you are seducing me.” She shouts.
“No way, it’s my house my rules” he wears the short his nightie
“For real, I didn't come a long way to act drama with you Jerry” She shouts again this time frowning her face, rest her head on the pillow and covers herself with the entire blanket leaving Jerry with nothing. Jerry lay on the bed with bare chest but no blanket to cover, it is a cold night even the mosquitoes where no were to be found. Jerry stares at the ceiling, gets up and turns of the light when he gets back to the bed a sleepy “Good night” comes out from Tracy’s direction. Jerry replies her “Fuck you”.


She kicks him with her right leg; he did the same with his left leg, after series of leg battle Jerry retreated and lay on the floor, shove his hands into the side of the bed in thick darkness and brings out a shirt he threw there earlier that day, wears it and gives himself a childish cuddle.

To be Continued...


Any unauthorized exhibition, distribution or copying of this piece or any part thereof (including soundtrack) in the infringement of the relevant copyright and will subject the infringer to serve civil and criminal penalties

Follow us on Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog

Comments