Skip to main content

APPRECIATING BEING SINGLE.




Hello everyone, hope you had a lovely day? Let’s take a look at these facts.
*Human beings always want what they dont have instead of appreciating what they have.
*We always focus on our lack of something instead of our abundance of something.
*We always compare our stuff to someone else stuff.
*We always thinking if only I had this if only I had that, if only I had him, if only I had her, I would be very happy. Not knowing that all these wants create a longing that keeps you from enjoying the abundance you might have in life while been single.

   I know some of you would be thinking I don’t know what I am saying, I understand but we should know that there are some people in a relationship that pray to be single; they are ready to do absolutely everything and anything to get solitude.

   Don’t get me wrong, it’s beautiful to have someone around especially someone you share special moments, affections, and secrets but it’s not all about being in a relationship or being single; it’s about appreciating and enjoying the status right now because if you don’t get it right in your single hood, then you can’t get it right in your relationship.

   "What is it to appreciate in being single? Single hood is so boring and depressing". Hey wipe your tears and look straight up at these few points that should help you out.

APPRECIATE YOUR OWN COMPANY
   Some people are never alone, always jumping from one restaurant to a friend’s house, then hit the club in group showing off your latest fashion senses either cheap or expensive or always pressing their phones, spend all day on the internet chatting then go to bed. Well I’m not saying your social life should be poor but if you can’t stand being with you, why would anyone else want to be with you?
   You have to love yourself before anyone can fall in love with you; it’s in this process you get to know more about your abilities (what you can do and what you can’t do).
I try to take myself out sometimes. Hit the movies or go swimming alone or just hit the fast food to give myself some good treat and go back home smiling and happy. 
"LONER!!!" Guess I heard someone say that, very soon you’d see sense in this.

APPRECIATE NOT HAVING TO SHARE YOUR SPACE WITH ANYONE.
   People mistake this above phrase with being selfish. Being single is not being selfish but I can’t tell you how much I enjoy keeping things the way I like, coming home knowing that I don’t have to stress myself following up, checking or coordinating with someone. There is nothing like freedom of coming home, eating ice cream, watching cartoon network (I love cartoons), playing games (my game console is my electronic girlfriend). I clean my room, arrange it the way I want and have a deep privacy without any disturbance. Now that’s some good life, it just gives you this inner peace for meditation and accomplishing of several tasks.
   Unlike if there is a girl around especially the ones that don’t understand when to give you space. OMG there would be lot of quarrel seasons and believe me that will take the relationship nowhere.

APPRECIATE NOT BEING FINANCIALLY TIED TO SOMEONE
   The beginning of a relationship is like the beginning of financial crisis. You have to always call checking up on him or her, take your spouse out for a date, share gift items, the list just keep increasing regardless of your personal expenses.
   Just as fuel is needed in a car, money is what fuels a relationship. Except you are dating someone that really understands, that’s like 10% on both sex. When you are single, the only person you think about is yourself, you don’t get disturb or worried on how much you want to shop for yourself, where you want to go spend the holiday or the kind of restaurant you want to visit. You just decide and zooom, you off to making yourself happy.

APPRECIATE HAVING TIME TO WORK ON YOU
   This is the most critical time in life especially as a single person. If you don’t do this now, then there is practically no time to do it. This is the time where you get over the past, let go of the past dramas and traumas. Say goodbye to those limiting beliefs, you write a new story about being loved and loving.
    You empower yourself with the right knowledge and also learn the things you should and shouldn’t do in a relationship. I bet you when you practice this particular point very well you begin to see the world from a whole new angle, your approach to issues and task improves.

APPRECIATE CREATING A LIFE YOU LOVE.
   What’s it in life you love doing? Drawing, Dancing, Painting, Reading, Talking…
This is the greatest time to follow your bliss and pursue your dreams. It’s not about being neglectful of responsibility. I’m talking about owning your energy, your time, all your resources and spending them on your life without permission or approval from anyone. Its selfish yea I know; it’s spending what you have on yourself because you can’t give what you don’t have.

Remember you can’t take responsibility of others if you can’t take responsibility on yourself. Being single is awesome and practically the best thing for every human being.
It’s like the default stage everyone goes through, reasons why is so that you can become a better you for your future.

Got many more for your reading pleasure...Don't forget to read previous post if this is your first time. Stay Cooler than freezer if you within my geographical zone

Follow us on Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog

Comments