Skip to main content

Turning Tables



Happy New Year guys. So I’m not going to be doing the whole new year sensational speech, amma just dive straight into what we are here to talk about.

There are some set of people you attended same primary or secondary school who were poorly dressed, grammatically unforgiving and most times fashionably embarrassing. You preferred them afar of.

A few years later, you scrolling the television stations, suddenly, breaking news literally breaks the comfortable position you took. This same guy/girl you disvalued many years back in primary or secondary school turned out to be the governor of his/her state. What will you do?

Table turns every day, everywhere, anytime, even now. Let’s have a look at more tables turning scenario.

My table turning experience

I would say I wasn’t good looking as I am today. Becoming a man is way more than I imagined, I carried different hairstyles trying to get the one that fits, mostly annoying low cut because my mother isn’t a hair cheerleader…from looking super skinny to adding some weight, from baseless lines to well-crafted punchlines that makes DJ Khalid want to be on the beat.

In life, nothing feels as good as hearing some cool female friends opening up on how they had a crush on you back then but wouldn’t accept your proposals because of their “small pikiness” or probably “man’s not hot”. I feel in my case, this helped in preserving the friendship till date. (Thanks for not accepting my proposals)

I also remember going for a Coolfm audition years back, I felt terrible afterwards. I told myself “I will do stuff that’d make you guys cover my show, my event sometime in the future” while waiting for prophecy to come true, I’ve presented on NTA, shook hands with prominent individuals even had dinner with them, done deal with great personalities…earned some real cool legitimate cash from mere bringing abstract things to reality.

I used anger to fuel my creativity, dug deep into my soul to fetch out the best in me, surprisingly; it turned the table to my favour.

Currently speaking, I see certain folks who literally pushed me aside, talked down to me or even blocked me up on WhatsApp trying to come close. Guys!!! Can you kindly stand in that one corner?

In offices

I’ve seen certain sets of people who weren’t doing well financially; they left their main source of income to meet a gainful opportunity that launched them into international deals.

When you see how creamy they look you will know table has turned.


In society

One of my mentors was telling me how he got bounced and ignored by people he felt could give him a platform to showcase his speaking abilities. He told me just yesterday that he received a call from one who is in dire need of his help…outside that a lot of them have been coming for a strategic partnership, even inviting him to speak on their platforms.

Truth be told, there is a process that must be followed this time. Bills have to be paid; logistics have to be considered, the person they are inviting is an upgraded/updated individual who houses valuable substances that can make their brand spontaneous.

And then he went with this captioning quote “Process brings respect”.

In religious outfits

There is this brother in a Church that used to be so unkempt. He really didn’t have the cash to clean up himself anyway but he was very effective in church. He approached some of the slay queens who turned him down making a jest of his inabilities to reflect the gentleman he posses to be.

He disappeared after some time; because he wasn’t an icon, no one paid attention to his where about until the church was dire need of cash for a massive project. The deacons and big boys in the church collectively gave towards the project but their collective effort couldn’t meet up.

Sooner than expected, the church received a call that their expenses have been solved. With curiosity, the Pastor had to investigate the mystery only to behold a more mysterious view of this brother that seemed valueless.

The guy is a stinking rich philanthropist helping religious organizations around the world.
I can imagine the look on the last sister’s face he asked out. The table has turned away from where she dey, even if she tries to WhatsApp the guy, I bet his secretary will tend to it lol. She dey for one corner, one corner at the moment.

What happens next when the table turns?
When you attain a specific status, forming is inevitable. Even Joseph in the Bible formed for a while when his brothers who betrayed him showed up at his palace. Although, it’s because we got the spirit of God in us that's why we control the situation and not the other way round.

Just like Joseph, “So it was God who sent me here, not you! And he is the one who made me an adviser to Pharaoh--the manager of his entire palace and the governor of all Egypt” (Gen 45:8 NLT)

Wrap up

We really don’t know who, where, when, why or how the table will turn in the life of someone. All we should do is constantly appraise, wish and encourage those around us. Be the positive reason why someone took up that project, made that bold step… don’t be the negative driving force cos when table the turns, you gonna be in one corner. 



Follow us on 
Twitter: @Majorpane1
Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog
Instagram: @Major4pane
Got a suggestion for us?
E-mail: majorpanedmajorfactor@gmail.com



Comments

  1. T H I S I S A M A Z I N G!!
    I know that might have seemed a bit extra, but I really enjoyed reading this.
    People tend to forget that we can't tell the future, so it is best to always be nice and thoughtful to people. Thank you for reminding us!
    www.desireuba.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow...your comment is fried rice and chicken to my eyes.
      Awesome blog you got, i went through an article and dropped a comment.
      See you at TBH Blogger group.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment can save a life...don't be selfish with it *winks*