Skip to main content

The Invention of Sweet Names


Hey honeycomb, hope you having a productive day? I bet you having a sizzling moment wrapped up in candies of excitement? Just dropped by to say hi while I watch you occupy a large portion of my heart. (A text to bae)

“Hey darling, what’s going on? Not heard from you for some time now, I bet that wig is giving you some hard time? Better work the shit outta that hair and come up with something that will break the bank. Stay fresh and warm” (a message to a female friend)

Outside communicating to share ideas, information, education or whatever means of end action you want to create, in-between the communication, there are series of bonding likely to occur that may or may not spark a good reaction.

My female friends know me to be minister of sweet names while my mum is the President of sweet names. There are times I introduce my female friends to her and she goes like “Hey sweetheart, how are you” even though it’s her first time seeing her. Ofcourse the girl erupts with endless blushes.



Normally ladies are soft hearted in nature, they like to be treated with care and mostly spoken to with acute care. This is where I derive the need to use sweet names to address a lady. However, here are some reasons we call people (male/female) sweet names.

For appreciation

Imagine your data just finished and a close friend of yours just subscribed for you, there is a high chance you are going to call the person a sweet name to show appreciation and warmth.

For friendship

Girls are gifted in calling their fellow female friends sweet names from pretty damsel, curvy angel, sexy, jam and juice or whichever creative name you can ever think of…unlike boys that we rather just call ourselves bro, man, nigger, bagger, your father lol.

For intimacy

Awwwww….bae remains bae until the world chooses to call special people another weird tagline a fellow ant understands the interpretation. At first I thought who ever invented “bae” doesn’t have lips? (My weird imagination)

Matters arising on calling someone a sweet name

I hear girls complain over boys who just met them calling them baby, boo, sweetheart, strawberry and all….well the thing is as a guy you have to be watchful and mindful on who you use these names on so you don’t go wasting your sweet sauce on a bitter leaf personality.


You know there are people you meet and sync with like itunes does with iphone unlike some others that calling them sweet names is like looking for WhatsApp app on a blackberry store. C’mon you don’t need to force it.

Not all ladies are used to sweet names; neither do others who are used to it accept such from distant friends.

Another matter I came across, a girl opened up that before she grabbed some sense, when people called her sweet names, she fell for it and felt they meant something intimate. Not until she figured out she was digging her own grave she had to develop a tough eardrum.

Generally speaking

I feel exposure has made a lot of people open up and break out of the concrete shell that felt calling someone a sweet name automatically mean you wanna have something intimate with them. 

A lot of people now understand that calling someone a sweet name is like a mere “Name” or saying “How far”.

“A sweet name holds no meaning until an action defines it” So I often call bae “Sparks” cos she’s as bright as sunshine, same time I call another female friend darling, and another sweetheart and sometimes I call bae sweetheart….either way, me calling you sweetheart doesn’t mean we dating cos my actions haven’t proved we are.

On another note, I’m trying to limit the way I call people sweet names so I can have my peace.


Wrap up
In as much as bae might be angry over my calling others sweet names and me trying to be overly understanding when she calls another fellow nigger a sweet name, I figured out this can be done with moderation but in all close pals must be treated with acute care, respect and meant to feel warm and happy around you….That’s the invention of sweet names.

Would like to hear your own experience on calling an opposite gender sweet names in the presence of your spouse.


Follow us on 
Twitter: @Majorpane1
Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog
Instagram: @Major4pane
Got a suggestion for us?
E-mail: majorpanedmajorfactor@gmail.com

Comments

  1. Personally, I don't like being called baby by a guy I don't like. I used to think that I don't like it when called by a guy I'm just meeting or a guy I'm not close to but I've come to realise that if I meet a guy for the 1st time and I'm attracted to him or just like him, if he calls me baby, it'll melt my soul and I'll keep remembering that moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to your transparency. Meaning a guy has to be watchful on basic indicators before calling you a sweet name so he doesn't offend your emotions.
      I hope some guys learn from this.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Your comment can save a life...don't be selfish with it *winks*