Skip to main content

How not to be scared of trying something new


This month mark 11 months since I broke up from an awful relationship I felt was launching me early to my grave. I started having grey hair at my tender age and high blood pressure because I felt breaking up is something new I can’t handle.

Let me not bother you with my personal story, how about we flash back a little bit to your teen years.

Did you remember when mum surprised you with that shoe she thought would look great on your feet but you thought Lord, shoot me now”?.

The next thing you imagined was your peers laughing at your shoes, what they will say and all sorts of hideous imagination. Then you eventually wore the shoe and you hid your feet.

The so called coolest and hottest girl among your peers came to you (pointing at your shoes) “Omg your shoe is coool” everyone turned to have a look and asked where you got it from.

I bet at this point your fear will automatically self-detonate for confidence to settle in while your shoulders swell high.  

Shyness is a normal feeling, anxiety a relative feeling that sprout up when we feel people might not like our stuff that’s out in the open because it’s alien.

Same applies to our talents, product or services, ideas at their tender stage.

Anti-Scared Formula

I remember the first time I got thinking about blogging, email marketing (newsletters), digital marketing; it was like open space, wide, difficult and completely impossible.

I loaned some courage. When I started blogging, comments started rolling in, my confidence level shot up. I became flexible around my usage.

A few years later, I made another move to go into email marketing. Nervousness emerged again, not until I sent my first email, I wasn’t confident on how to go about it. But now nothing is impossible for me.
Confidence in one area has given me confidence in multi areas
I always think ahead, I position myself in the nearest future (say Level 4 in the diagram above) and ask myself “If I will be pleased with my action”. If my answer is “NO” then I begin to edit my current plan.

I’m not scared to start something new because I literally have plans of breaking a record and resetting the record.

To this end I underwent series of online courses, developed my graphics skills, presentation skills, even started up video uploads and a whole lot more. 

It’s all about you


You got a lot you want to achieve but you’ve not been able to take that baby step in the first place. What’s going on in your mind is “what will they say?” “how will they perceive it?” “Let me wait some more?” “I don’t have what it takes to start”

C’mon the year is almost over, remember your New Year resolution alongside the promises you made? Can you remember the fire in your belly when you told yourself you are going to do something new?

Now it’s time to ignore what those who don’t like will say cos trust me they will always say something.

You are the one who sets the pace that will determine if your target will marvel over you at the end. What are you currently cooking behind the curtains, will it make them hungry for you?

Don’t be scared to try something new.

Wrap up
This year I've done far more than I planned or anticipated. Reason being that I developed myself in vast areas. 

I recommend you take up a positive challenge that will stir you the right way to gain knowledge that will equip you for a solid goal accomplishment. 
Don’t forget to signup for Freebees, Newsletters, Offers and lots more.  Click to Signup


Follow us on 
Twitter: @Majorpane1
Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog
Instagram: @Major4pane
Got a suggestion for us?
Mail: majorpanedmajorfactor@gmail.com 


Comments