Skip to main content

Jealousy: The Killer Disease


BOY: “I have this friend whom I’ve known since birth. We attended same nursery, primary school until I left for another. After my WAEC and JAMB, I got express admission into university before him while he went to a Polytechnique cos JAMB didn’t work out good for him. Lately we connected on facebook and I saw that he wasn’t even in Nigeria anymore. He got a fantastic job in Australia and he is married to a white lady…they even have kids. Worst of all the cars in his compound are what celebrities rent for music videos.
Chai!!!! While me I still dey here looking for groundnut to add to my garri with my BSc and NYSC certificate.”

GIRL: “There is this girl who was my close friend, we knew ourselves in and out. Suddenly things changed when she started dating this guy, we suddenly lost touch of our friendship because she was just all over the guy. I felt empty cos we shared lots of secrets and she seemed to have carried mine away. They got married just last week and the weeding was the talk of the town. Omo I couldn’t believe my eyes, I was like despite how she dumped our friendship, things are still working well for her.
The thing is still paining me like something bad should happen to her so the game would be fair. Haba!!! I have nothing to console me.”
BOOM!!!
Don’t lie; I know many of us have been in these shoes before. If yes, you'd observe that, your pupils dilate, your throat becomes dry, envy claws your skin wide open while goose bumps sews it close. Your heart beats louder as though the good news was a sorrowful story.

Wait a minute are you devils servant in the first place? I thought you ought to be happy that our beloved friend is succeeding?

Sometimes when people share testimony in church, I can assure you if only they can see what resides in people’s heart; they’d never give another.
How do I know this? cos I have been there… I won’t play saint mehn, in my mind; I either placed IEDs around their home or a time bomb in their brand new car. Some other times when I hear some good news I’m like “wtf!!! How come, why, why not me, how come is this person more qualified than me” (nooo, don't look at me with a bad eye, you're guilty also)

I’m bold enough to make this confession which I know people would never tell you so hear me out. I’ve been able to conquer that demon that has been giving me disease…DIS-EASE…therefore making me not to be at ease.

There seem to be an inverted reaction when some people hear success story.

Majority of us see life as a competition unknown life is a predestined destination already carved, shaped and formed even before our existence. Meaning our future has already been arranged by God same way a script is written by a writer for the characters to act according to what’s written while the directors perfect the acting, shot angles and so on.

Nigeria's underdevelopment is somewhat anchored on Jealousy. People can't stand to watch others progress...selfish desires of someone leads to the extermination of another mans dreams unknown to them that success is a connection like a chain. 

"Remaining on top and hindering others from climbing just makes you a bigger target to shoot down."

A society with successful people who are willing to help others, birth a multi-successful society. Life is like a chain while jealousy is like an acid that wears and tears. Chains are linked together, however ones there is a breakage in a single chain, it disrupts its general function.

How about if every individual see life from the angle of Psalm...

[Psalm 139:13-16 MSG] Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out, you formed me in my mother’s wombyou know every bone in my body, you know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing to something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you. The days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day.”

Although, choices either make or mal our destination. Same way a character can choose not to act a movie that ended up grossing over a billion dollars is same way we can chose to opted out of the predestined greatness God has set aside for us.

“Many are called few are chosen”

The few that were chosen chose to be chosen. They worked on themselves to be chosen and be selected out of the crowd due to their perspective.

Perspective
Most times we feel this person is having a better part of life than me, sometimes when you check the social media, your heart wanna shatter especially when your friends have more “likes/followers” than yours or pose with something awesome that might be his/hers or not.

Lol cmon!!! The devil is simply creeping in your heart and you are indeed fueling that demon called Jealousy.

Let’s learn from Brother Jeremiah…
[Jeremiah 1:5-8]  5. “Before I shaped you in the womb, I knew all about you. Before you saw the light of day, I had holy plans for you. A prophet to the nations, that’s what I had in mind for you.
6. But I said “Hold it, Master God! Look at me. I don’t know anything. I’m only a boy!”
7-8. God told me. “Don’t say, I’m only a boy. I’ll tell you where to go and you’ll go there. I’ll tell you what to say and you’ll say it. Don’t be afraid of a soul. I’ll be right there, looking after you”. God’s Decree.

Same is applied to our lives cos we share same God who also knew us from our mother’s womb.

Perspective is what matters most in getting rid of jealousy. When you hear a good news from someone, you have to thank God not just for working something good in that person’s life but showing himself tall and strong to also answer your needs. It’s more like God is giving you a signal that “hey I’m around your neighborhood”
I remember one time when I was very little, my neighbors in the next compound, got blessed with a brand new car, the other compound had a mega breakthrough and my family was excited for them. I remember my mother’s words that day she said “God is going from compound to compound, soon it would be ours”…not less than a month we had a brand new car.

Confessing and professing the right words over your life keeps you in line with Gods plan for your life. When doing this, you get so busy focusing on the working of God than irrelevant issues. Count your blessings and name them...

[Hebrew 11: 6] “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

Don’t get jealous over people cos you don’t know where they are coming from or how much they have sowed/paid before you know them. By the way God told Jeremiah “I’d tell you where to go and you go”. God is speaking to you…are you listening or are you to busy trying to help yourself with your limited strength.
 Let’s not forget how desperate people are to get rich these days so it’s not every riches you see that are legit. People are living borrowed lives all to show off and you are there killing yourself over what this same so called "comfortable people" can’t afford.

If you know better, you’d do better mehn…shake off jealousy and live healthy free of DIS-EASE.

 CLICK ME
Follow us on 
Twitter: @Majorpane1
Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog
Instagram: @Major4pane
Got a suggestion for us E-mail: majorpanedmajorfactor@gmail.com
Join our BBM CHANNEL TO STAY CONNECTED ALWAYS 




Comments

  1. Greetings I amm so grateful I found your web site, I really found you by error,
    while I was researching oon Digg for something else, Anyways I am here
    now and would just like to say thank you for a remarkable
    post and a all round enjoyable blog (Ialso love the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it
    all att the minute but I hhave bookmarked it and also added
    your RSS feeds, so when I have time I wll be back too read more, Please do keep up the sulerb jo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to express my passion for your kindness for those
    who really want help on that content. Your personal commitment to getting the message all through became rather invaluable and has really encouraged otyers just like me to achieve their
    objectives. Your warm and helpful advice
    entails a lot to me and a whole lot more to my mates. With thanks; from each
    one of us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment can save a life...don't be selfish with it *winks*