Skip to main content

BULLY THE BULLIES



   History always repeats itself. Everything you experiencing now have happened to someone somewhere, maybe not in this century but in years rewind. We go through situations not only for our own personal lesson but to save someone in the nearest future. When it comes to being bullied, every special person in this life must have witnessed it. Why did I say special? Special individual sweeps the crowd off their feet. No one gets to create a tower of inferiority within an individual the way a special person does.

   Look at some people who were bulled previous years back, today they are major C.E.Os., Managers, Presidents, and Governors even Forbes faces alongside our screen savers and wallpapers. 


   If only we knew certain things we know now, we wouldn’t have tasted some bitter experiences we drank in the past. Although it might be our ignorance that propelled us to this state of accomplishment we are today.
   Talking of been bullied I was a victim right from the onset; I was verbally molested, emotionally tortured, physically maltreated in several cases. I lost my dad at a tender age, growing up in the midst of ladies made me learn life from the ladies point of view which wasn’t my fault anyway because a father or brother would have hacked into my manly hard drive and reprogrammed the files. 


   I was beaten by a girl when I was tender although she was little older than me but c’mon as a guy one punch would settle everything (I can’t recall winning a physical fight), this made me actually flee from fighting for the rest of my life which I consider positive ( yea yea!!! You can say whatever you want). On the verbal molestation, I have met people who insulted my life for been the way I am. A girl once told me “you’re so slim, in fact you’re skeleton itself”, another told me “you are one of those children that grew up eating cornflake and noodles in the morning, unlike we that are strong, we fed on akpu, pounded yam, akara sometimes nothing in the morning”.


    It doesn’t end there, the physical maltreatment I experienced in my secondary school took place when some seniors flogged me to speak Pidgin English (foul English) meanwhile I wasn’t brought up with such vocabulary. My name “Newton Paul” tormented the shit out of them, if only I could see myself through their eyes, I would have stood and said “No” to their disgusting demands. Due to fear, I bowed resulting to my endless battle with the negative effect of foul English for many years (If not for the setback i should have been a renowned writer by now).
 

   I just thought about everything now I am more sensible and matured… I wish I could rewind time and say stuff “like doooo!!! Am I responsible for your parents not been able to afford beautiful delicacy for breakfast” or “am I the one who caused you to be born into a Pidgin English home”.


   Initially I thought molestation was over until I experienced something similar, this time worse in my university days during my I.T defense. My HOD spoke to me in his native dialect which I surly do not understand and he made a disgusting scene out of it leading the panel to laugh at me. I almost brought a grenade to his office but that wouldn’t solve anything.

   The reason why people join cults, gangs, or whatever negative group in the society is because they lack the sight of who they are, they are not proud of their identity. Just because people will mock them for who they are, they rather join the crowd by putting on a mask and die in the inside starving themselves instead of satisfying their personality in the midst of torture.


   At this point in my life, I believe in myself so much that you might put a gun in my head and tell me to say the opposite about myself, since you cannot hurt my soul, in order words pull the trigger and watch me smile to a beautiful oblivion. I rather suffer doing the things I love and been myself than smile in desolation.


   Even if you want to take it to a spiritual angle, when Jesus was accused and about to be crucified…he was given several chances to succumb to their demands but he refused because he knew who he was, who he is and who he will be.


   If anyone is bullying you, bully them back by standing on your ground. Men will always be envious and will want to reduce you in order for them to be above. Don’t support it or sponsor it, not for one bit for peace to reign, I’m not saying you should go out looking for trouble but when trouble comes, give it a trouble it has never seen and will never see. As a matured person, you should know the bullies you should reply to and the ones you respond with silence, sometimes your silence is a better nuke than your speech.
 Bully the bully guys. 


   If you enjoyed this article then you will enjoy this: How to Deal With Control Freak



   So excited to be back blogging… Phew was almost falling sick not writing for two months. This blog is like blood to my body…I believe these posts have helped many people out there even though they might not comment I do get feedback. Thanks for everything guys. Let the blogging begin. 

Follow us on Facebook: Newton Paul's Blog

Comments

  1. . I rather suffer doing the things I love and been myself than smile in desolation... This has been my quote some time now.. See eh!! I had my own issues about being bullied.. It wasn't funny sha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww...your uniqueness speaks for iitself....I would like to hear some part ooooo...you wanna share? *smiles*

      Delete
  2. Hmm interesting, bully the bullies. You right Paul but remember life is more than that in a sense that those bullers are insecure or have nothing to lose than to just filled up their ego as superior as boss they are. Let me share with you a recent event not much as bullies but seems similar.
    This is just an issue. I call it "important" which to be looking into everyday.
    Jean was out walking with his grandfather in Lagos.
    At a point, they saw a shoemaker being insulted by a customer who claimed that there was something wrong with his shoe.
    The shoe maker calmly listened to his complaints, apologised and promised to make good the mistake.

    Jean and his grandfather stopped to have a coffee.
    At the next table. The waiter asked a man if he would mind moving his chair slightly so that. He could get by.
    The man erupted in a torrent of abuse and refused to move.

    'Never forget what you have seen, ' said Jean's grandfather.

    'so people who perform some useful task are not bothered if they were bully or hear some critics, rumors about them or to their work, but people who do no useful work at all always think themselves very important and hide their incompetence behind their authority.'

    So I believe from this point you will see tis better to be a warrior at all times b/c the warrior knows how to deal with situation better.
    I am Theoracle (Cephus)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comment can save a life...don't be selfish with it *winks*